InfinityMC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
InfinityMC

Infinity MC

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Thread Repurposed to steam discussion :)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
AlanEsh

Thread Repurposed to steam discussion :) Empty
PostSubject: Thread Repurposed to steam discussion :)   Thread Repurposed to steam discussion :) EmptyFri May 31, 2013 9:34 pm

Make sure you notify the thread owner as to why.

Last edited by AlanEsh on Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Swarthybard

PostSubject: Give me steam!   Thread Repurposed to steam discussion :) EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 2:53 am

I think they thought you and the good Dr. were at the start of an off topic flame war(Just my opinion here,I have no solid evedence of this being the reason), I thought we were working it back on track myself and had hoped to continue a civil discussion about the merrits of steam nuke plants, boilers, steam power, and ways to improve upon it.

If you wish to have such discourse on the possibilities of steam power please continue with your opinions, ideas, any previous builds with steam and uses for steam power, etc...

I feel it needs some reworking and more options, with the addition of some of Thermal Expansion's machines as well as the rewrite of the quarry allowing it do draw greater amounts of MJ, some greater output of power would be useful.

Don't get me wrong 8MJ/t isn't terrible, but for the fuel cost to get a boiler going a combustion engine at 2 less MJ/t can be more efficient till you get the steam really pumping.
Maybe some ways to get the heat up faster and some higher tier emgines and more options for the steam turbine like more rotor types.

And we had discussed maybe that nuclear reactors output(EU or Steam) be defined based on block layout and mod interaction, even possibly adding a new design to the multiblock that makes it a more realistic system using steam to run turbines for EU much like a proper reactor.
Back to top Go down
delsolsi213
Owner Of InfinityMC
Owner Of InfinityMC

PostSubject: Re: Thread Repurposed to steam discussion :)   Thread Repurposed to steam discussion :) EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 3:55 am

Swarthybard wrote:
I think they thought you and the good Dr. were at the start of an off topic flame war(Just my opinion here,I have no solid evedence of this being the reason), I thought we were working it back on track myself and had hoped to continue a civil discussion about the merrits of steam nuke plants, boilers, steam power, and ways to improve upon it.

If you wish to have such discourse on the possibilities of steam power please continue with your opinions, ideas, any previous builds with steam and uses for steam power, etc...

I feel it needs some reworking and more options, with the addition of some of Thermal Expansion's machines as well as the rewrite of the quarry allowing it do draw greater amounts of MJ, some greater output of power would be useful.

Don't get me wrong 8MJ/t isn't terrible, but for the fuel cost to get a boiler going a combustion engine at 2 less MJ/t can be more efficient till you get the steam really pumping.
Maybe some ways to get the heat up faster and some higher tier emgines and more options for the steam turbine like more rotor types.

And we had discussed maybe that nuclear reactors output(EU or Steam) be defined based on block layout and mod interaction, even possibly adding a new design to the multiblock that makes it a more realistic system using steam to run turbines for EU much like a proper reactor.
i deleted the thread because luke had advertise a server that is not related to InfinityMC and was charging to play in it -.-
Back to top Go down
Swarthybard

PostSubject: Re: Thread Repurposed to steam discussion :)   Thread Repurposed to steam discussion :) EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 3:59 am

Quote :
i deleted the thread because luke had advertise a server that is not related to InfinityMC and was charging to play in it -.-

Oh right, I forgot more than one thread got zapped, I was thinking of a different thread.
Back to top Go down
delsolsi213
Owner Of InfinityMC
Owner Of InfinityMC

PostSubject: Re: Thread Repurposed to steam discussion :)   Thread Repurposed to steam discussion :) EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 4:32 am

Swarthybard wrote:
Quote :

Oh right, I forgot more than one thread got zapped, I was thinking of a different thread.
anyways servers whitelist been lifted Smile one warning theres a chest containing kits for each member however if you open the chets while someones grabing his kit it'll act as if you allready took the kit so please wait your turn before grabing your kit or you all fucked.
Back to top Go down
AlanEsh

PostSubject: Re: Thread Repurposed to steam discussion :)   Thread Repurposed to steam discussion :) EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 9:27 am

Swarthybard wrote:

Changes I'd like to see with steam include fuel consumption by boilers that is relative to the amount of steam being used by engines attached to that boiler. Of course the startup/heatup costs would need to be reduced, and you wouldn't want to make steam -less- attractive.

I'm definitely with you on additional turbine options. Being a multiblock structure it could easily scale its output and efficiency based on size and perhaps multiple levels of technology.

Basic reactor idea:
WCW====XWX====E

The simplest of fission reactors could be a Core surrounded by "water jacket" blocks. Liquiducts could pipe the resulting heated water to a water/steam filled heat exchanger. The steam created in the exchanger would power a multitude of engines and turbines. Liquiducts should be paintable to allow more compact pipe runs... so many ways to make this more realistic and at the same time add a layer of logical complexity.

Now all we need is a pet Modder to do the work on this Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thread Repurposed to steam discussion :)   Thread Repurposed to steam discussion :) Empty

Back to top Go down

Thread Repurposed to steam discussion :)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
InfinityMC :: General Chat-
Jump to: