InfinityMC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
InfinityMC

Infinity MC

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

FYI Player Vault quirks

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DaBlackNight

FYI Player Vault quirks Empty
PostSubject: FYI Player Vault quirks   FYI Player Vault quirks EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 9:50 pm

For those lucky enough to get to use player vaults (/pv 1 thru /pv 5) I wanted to place a notice about a very bad quirk that player vaults do to items placed in them.

I noticed a few days ago that charged items, like diamond drills and chainsaws if they are placed in the vaults with a full charge or partial charge, they lose all charge completely when taken out. I believe that bug is a result of the way the vaults handle the Item ID of the inventory placed in them. Item IDs are slightly different like 232 could be a new battery with no charge, and 232:128 could be that same battery with a full or partial charge. The secondary number is for the amount of charge the item has left, so as it decreases the charge and number lowers. The player vaults DO NOT take that second number into account and only return the base item to you when you retrieve your items.

This also applies to the AE Storage Disks. I was in the process of moving my disk drive from one location to another and placed 8 of my 64k Storage Disks into a player vault and sure enough every single item that was on the disks is gone, wiped out. So the vaults also do not store the data that the disks are holding. I do not know how AE utilizes the disk storage system, but I assume the items are held in a file on the server when the game is running. This file is associated with the disk that is in the drive, and when the disk is placed into a vault that association is severed, so as a result all items and data that were on the disk is wiped clean. That bug in player vaults resulted in me losing 95 percent of all of my inventory since the disks are great for storing a multitude of items instead of 100's of chests or barrels.

If you must transport Disks or Charged Equipment, do NOT put then in Vaults. Just a fair warning. It may apply to other factors in the game as well, like Notebooks? Not sure and untested, but be aware that this quirk can kill your game big time.
Back to top Go down
delsolsi213
Owner Of InfinityMC
Owner Of InfinityMC

PostSubject: Re: FYI Player Vault quirks   FYI Player Vault quirks EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 11:00 pm

DaBlackNight wrote:
For those lucky enough to get to use player vaults (/pv 1 thru /pv 5) I wanted to place a notice about a very bad quirk that player vaults do to items placed in them.

I noticed a few days ago that charged items, like diamond drills and chainsaws if they are placed in the vaults with a full charge or partial charge, they lose all charge completely when taken out. I believe that bug is a result of the way the vaults handle the Item ID of the inventory placed in them. Item IDs are slightly different like 232 could be a new battery with no charge, and 232:128 could be that same battery with a full or partial charge. The secondary number is for the amount of charge the item has left, so as it decreases the charge and number lowers. The player vaults DO NOT take that second number into account and only return the base item to you when you retrieve your items.

This also applies to the AE Storage Disks. I was in the process of moving my disk drive from one location to another and placed 8 of my 64k Storage Disks into a player vault and sure enough every single item that was on the disks is gone, wiped out. So the vaults also do not store the data that the disks are holding. I do not know how AE utilizes the disk storage system, but I assume the items are held in a file on the server when the game is running. This file is associated with the disk that is in the drive, and when the disk is placed into a vault that association is severed, so as a result all items and data that were on the disk is wiped clean. That bug in player vaults resulted in me losing 95 percent of all of my inventory since the disks are great for storing a multitude of items instead of 100's of chests or barrels.

If you must transport Disks or Charged Equipment, do NOT put then in Vaults. Just a fair warning. It may apply to other factors in the game as well, like Notebooks? Not sure and untested, but be aware that this quirk can kill your game big time.
i deleted your player.dat so you can get your kits again.
Back to top Go down
AlanEsh

PostSubject: Re: FYI Player Vault quirks   FYI Player Vault quirks EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 9:57 am

I'm going to test this with a Drill and the /chest plugin too -- or is that the same plugin as /pv?
Back to top Go down
AlanEsh

PostSubject: Re: FYI Player Vault quirks   FYI Player Vault quirks EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 12:06 pm

The /pv storage also appears to turn all Mystcraft pages to Blanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FYI Player Vault quirks   FYI Player Vault quirks Empty

Back to top Go down

FYI Player Vault quirks
Page 1 of 1