InfinityMC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
InfinityMC

Infinity MC

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

FTB Alternative

Go down 
+2
delsolsi213
AlanEsh
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Nicb1

Nicb1

FTB Alternative Empty
PostSubject: FTB Alternative   FTB Alternative EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 3:43 am

Hey guys.
Recently I was browsing the mc forums and came across this modpack based on 1.5.2, I gave it a try and just wanted to see if you guys are interested in it since its based on 1.5.2 unlike FTB which is outdated. Forge reports 129 mods installed, and i expected it to lag my computer, but the framerate has increased from 60 in ftb to approx 139 in this pack.
Would like to hear your thoughts on this pack. (am hoping that you guys will consider switching to this pack but if you decide to stay with FTB ultimate thats fine with me)

Heres a link to the modpacks website:
http://www.dnstechpack.com/
Back to top Go down
AlanEsh

FTB Alternative Empty
PostSubject: Re: FTB Alternative   FTB Alternative EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 10:18 am

Interesting pack list.
Back to top Go down
delsolsi213
Owner Of InfinityMC
Owner Of InfinityMC

FTB Alternative Empty
PostSubject: Re: FTB Alternative   FTB Alternative EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 12:28 pm

Nicb1 wrote:
Hey guys.
Recently I was browsing the mc forums and came across this modpack based on 1.5.2, I gave it a try and just wanted to see if you guys are interested in it since its based on 1.5.2 unlike FTB which is outdated. Forge reports 129 mods installed, and i expected it to lag my computer, but the framerate has increased from 60 in ftb to approx 139 in this pack.
Would like to hear your thoughts on this pack. (am hoping that you guys will consider switching to this pack but if you decide to stay with FTB ultimate thats fine with me)

the main server's sticking to ultimate even tho dns haves alot mods doesnt make it better ,
first of all it has icbm mods wich is a griefers tool
second of all mcpc+ doesnt work with it making it impossible to have a good grief prevention plugin
and third of all its not that well known.
Back to top Go down
delsolsi213
Owner Of InfinityMC
Owner Of InfinityMC

FTB Alternative Empty
PostSubject: Re: FTB Alternative   FTB Alternative EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 5:59 pm

delsolsi213 wrote:
Nicb1 wrote:
Hey guys.

the main server's sticking to ultimate even tho dns haves alot mods doesnt make it better ,
first of all it has icbm mods wich is a griefers tool
second of all mcpc+ doesnt work with it making it impossible to have a good grief prevention plugin
and third of all its not that well known.

EDIT: i just upgraded to a 64gb dedi box with higher specs if everything goes ok i dont mind hosting a dns private{donors + only} server.
Back to top Go down
Nicb1

Nicb1

FTB Alternative Empty
PostSubject: Re: FTB Alternative   FTB Alternative EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 6:05 pm

That would be great. Looking foward to it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Nicb1

Nicb1

FTB Alternative Empty
PostSubject: Re: FTB Alternative   FTB Alternative EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 2:00 am

May I suggest that if you do make a DNS server allow trusted members upwards, instead of just donors. We wont get that many players if its just donors upwards.
Back to top Go down
tigin88

FTB Alternative Empty
PostSubject: Re: FTB Alternative   FTB Alternative EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 6:45 am

even if the DNS doesn't happen to work out well i wouldn't mind a New world server. I would love to join you guys in another server,
Back to top Go down
AlanEsh

FTB Alternative Empty
PostSubject: Re: FTB Alternative   FTB Alternative EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 2:34 pm

delsolsi213 wrote:

EDIT: i just upgraded to a 64gb dedi box with higher specs if everything goes ok i dont mind hosting a dns private{donors + only} server.
I would -love- to be on another small/restricted server. I'll partner up if you make this happen Smile
OK i'll partner up anyway Razz
Back to top Go down
delsolsi213
Owner Of InfinityMC
Owner Of InfinityMC

FTB Alternative Empty
PostSubject: Re: FTB Alternative   FTB Alternative EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 3:15 pm

Nicb1 wrote:
May I suggest that if you do make a DNS server allow trusted members upwards, instead of just donors. We wont get that many players if its just donors upwards.
i cant make it trusted + because if a player we trust decides to quit the server and he might go on a grief rampage griefing everything, keep in mind dns doesnt work to good with any forge-bukkit bridges so claiming land will be a no no.
Back to top Go down
strayzer

FTB Alternative Empty
PostSubject: Re: FTB Alternative   FTB Alternative EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 3:44 pm

i feel that i should inform youveven though i dont want to that for some reason i am allowed on the server even though i am not a donator or even trusted i didnt realise at the time i just thought that i was playing on another of your server
Back to top Go down
delsolsi213
Owner Of InfinityMC
Owner Of InfinityMC

FTB Alternative Empty
PostSubject: Re: FTB Alternative   FTB Alternative EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 3:46 pm

strayzer wrote:
i feel that i should inform youveven though i dont want to that for some reason i am allowed on the server even though i am not a donator or even trusted i didnt realise at the time i just thought that i was playing on another of your server
yes but th eother server had bukkit o i had no problem letting players in it.
Back to top Go down
Nicb1

Nicb1

FTB Alternative Empty
PostSubject: Re: FTB Alternative   FTB Alternative EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 3:26 am

Hey Del. Do you think that you'll be able to get the DNS server up this weekend.
Back to top Go down
delsolsi213
Owner Of InfinityMC
Owner Of InfinityMC

FTB Alternative Empty
PostSubject: Re: FTB Alternative   FTB Alternative EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 3:31 am

[quote="Nicb1"]Hey Del. Do you think that you'll be able to get the DNS server up this weekend.[/quote
nope sorry
Back to top Go down
kirk1135

FTB Alternative Empty
PostSubject: Re: FTB Alternative   FTB Alternative EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 1:06 pm

Hey del, I was wondering if you are still going to set this up? I have looked throught the mod list and there are a lot of them that are good and some that i've wanted to try so all i would like to know is if its still a go and the posible timeline.

Thanks,
Kirk1135
Back to top Go down
Nicb1

Nicb1

FTB Alternative Empty
PostSubject: Re: FTB Alternative   FTB Alternative EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 1:11 am

If you're going to host a DNS server still, could you add the following mods.
Gregtech
Thaumcraft
Thaumic Tinkerer
Ive tested all of these mods and they work without any ID conflicts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

FTB Alternative Empty
PostSubject: Re: FTB Alternative   FTB Alternative Empty

Back to top Go down

FTB Alternative
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
InfinityMC :: General Chat-
Jump to: