InfinityMC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
InfinityMC

Infinity MC

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Why Admin shops are superior to McJobs and our Market listing system

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
AlanEsh

Why Admin shops are superior to McJobs and our Market listing system Empty
PostSubject: Why Admin shops are superior to McJobs and our Market listing system   Why Admin shops are superior to McJobs and our Market listing system EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 5:07 pm

Economies like mcjobs (and whatever is the /market plugin) are very unfriendly to casual players. If a game lets players set the prices for all items bought/sold in the game, and players are able to earn unlimited money very quickly, then prices will rise very quickly and be out of reach of casual players.

I've seen this in many games over the years -- pretty much any game with an auction house and a Time <--> Money based revenue system.

Prices don't go up because of scarcity of supply or high demand, they go up from inflation and from people buying and reselling listed items. Two days ago the basic Solar Panel was listed for $500 or so. Last night I think I saw them for $20000 and all were listed by the same guy. That guy bought them for $500 because he has piles of cash (he either knows how to milk the mcjobs system or he just plays for hours and hours, probably both), then he relists them at 40x the price.

Aaaanyway, having an Admin shop is simply "better" because the prices are stable and acceissible to more of the server population.

(cut short, gotta run, will type more later)
Back to top Go down
delsolsi213
Owner Of InfinityMC
Owner Of InfinityMC

PostSubject: Re: Why Admin shops are superior to McJobs and our Market listing system   Why Admin shops are superior to McJobs and our Market listing system EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 5:20 pm

AlanEsh wrote:
Economies like mcjobs (and whatever is the /market plugin) are very unfriendly to casual players. If a game lets players set the prices for all items bought/sold in the game, and players are able to earn unlimited money very quickly, then prices will rise very quickly and be out of reach of casual players.

I've seen this in many games over the years -- pretty much any game with an auction house and a Time <--> Money based revenue system.

Prices don't go up because of scarcity of supply or high demand, they go up from inflation and from people buying and reselling listed items. Two days ago the basic Solar Panel was listed for $500 or so. Last night I think I saw them for $20000 and all were listed by the same guy. That guy bought them for $500 because he has piles of cash (he either knows how to milk the mcjobs system or he just plays for hours and hours, probably both), then he relists them at 40x the price.

Aaaanyway, having an Admin shop is simply "better" because the prices are stable and acceissible to more of the server population.

(cut short, gotta run, will type more later)
the admin shop is being worked at, the new admin shop is better in a way but kind of hard to list items in it as i have to type their full name and id manually, /shop brings a shop with diferent catogires building blocks redstone etc, so far i added some quick items that are really usefull , once we move to the new sevrer i will be fixing everything like shops and worlds .
Back to top Go down
DaMueller

PostSubject: Re: Why Admin shops are superior to McJobs and our Market listing system   Why Admin shops are superior to McJobs and our Market listing system EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 6:52 pm

If you think the prices in my shop ( Razz )are to high tell me Very Happy
Back to top Go down
AlanEsh

PostSubject: Re: Why Admin shops are superior to McJobs and our Market listing system   Why Admin shops are superior to McJobs and our Market listing system EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 10:28 pm

Ah cool, thanks del! Buuut, again, with mcjobs you have people with millions of game money already. Please don't use those /baltops as your guide for pricing.

DaMueller wrote:
If you think the prices in my shop ( Razz )are to high tell me Very Happy
Ahah! It was you! Wink I didn't take down names, don't really care who, this was a commentary on the kind of economy and market system we're using.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why Admin shops are superior to McJobs and our Market listing system   Why Admin shops are superior to McJobs and our Market listing system Empty

Back to top Go down

Why Admin shops are superior to McJobs and our Market listing system
Page 1 of 1