InfinityMC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
InfinityMC

Infinity MC

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Corn and wheat growth

Go down 
AuthorMessage
DaBlackNight

Corn and wheat growth Empty
PostSubject: Corn and wheat growth   Corn and wheat growth EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 12:22 pm

Ringwraith reports a problem with Corn and wheat not growing. They asked for someone to look into the configuration files and see if that is the problem.
Back to top Go down
AlanEsh

PostSubject: Re: Corn and wheat growth   Corn and wheat growth EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 12:04 pm

DaBlackNight wrote:
Ringwraith reports a problem with Corn and wheat not growing. They asked for someone to look into the configuration files and see if that is the problem.
Do you have any more details? I left my chunk loader on twice over the past couple of days and both days returned to see ripe wheat and corn in my fields.
Back to top Go down
delsolsi213
Owner Of InfinityMC
Owner Of InfinityMC

PostSubject: Re: Corn and wheat growth   Corn and wheat growth EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 2:49 pm

thats due to the tps being low, reason why tps drops is because people using macs to autocraft, i noticed and did a research and found out that autocrafting kills servers tps. right now im waiting for the new server to see if it can handle the load on autocrafting since its a better cpu and faster, if once we move to the new server and it still drops the tps i'll be forced to ban autocrafting untill the mod dev tweaks it and fixes all his performance issues.
Back to top Go down
AlanEsh

PostSubject: Re: Corn and wheat growth   Corn and wheat growth EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 3:13 pm

delsolsi213 wrote:
thats due to the tps being low, reason why tps drops is because people using macs to autocraft, i noticed and did a research and found out that autocrafting kills servers tps. right now im waiting for the new server to see if it can handle the load on autocrafting since its a better cpu and faster, if once we move to the new server and it still drops the tps i'll be forced to ban autocrafting untill the mod dev tweaks it and fixes all his performance issues.
I don't think the mod dev is going to go back and tweak old versions of AE for FTB 1.4.7...
Back to top Go down
strayzer

PostSubject: Re: Corn and wheat growth   Corn and wheat growth EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 3:16 pm

delsolsi213 wrote:

maybe instead of completely banning autocrafting you might consider limiting the size of mac's i have seen some massive ones on the server and if u limited their size to maybe 3 by 3 i think it would help this problem
Back to top Go down
delsolsi213
Owner Of InfinityMC
Owner Of InfinityMC

PostSubject: Re: Corn and wheat growth   Corn and wheat growth EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 5:25 pm

strayzer wrote:
delsolsi213 wrote:

maybe instead of completely banning autocrafting you might consider limiting the size of mac's i have seen some massive ones on the server and if u limited their size to maybe 3 by 3 i think it would help this problem
or maybe you guys stop being lazy and craft it yourself? =p theres now ay i can limit the size just by saying or making a new rule about no oversized macs wont work because then some troll will come and make a huge mac .
Back to top Go down
strayzer

PostSubject: Re: Corn and wheat growth   Corn and wheat growth EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 12:00 pm

ye that may happen but us normal law abiding citizens will not make massive macs and u can always just ban the troll
i mean using that logic there is never any point in making rules because they are only going to be broken.
Back to top Go down
AlanEsh

PostSubject: Re: Corn and wheat growth   Corn and wheat growth EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 12:05 pm

I have a 4-page MAC which I keep turned off by a dark cable when I'm not using it. Seems like good server citizens should be able to restrain themselves from anything larger, and from making extremely complicated patterns.
Back to top Go down
DaMueller

PostSubject: Re: Corn and wheat growth   Corn and wheat growth EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 12:41 pm

Does the Dark Cable even help? The Multiblock Structure exists still...

Back to top Go down
AlanEsh

PostSubject: Re: Corn and wheat growth   Corn and wheat growth EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 1:38 pm

DaMueller wrote:
If it's coded worth a crap it should matter, but that's a strong assumption. It would be easy enough to test.
Back to top Go down
delsolsi213
Owner Of InfinityMC
Owner Of InfinityMC

PostSubject: Re: Corn and wheat growth   Corn and wheat growth EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 3:34 pm

strayzer wrote:
ye that may happen but us normal law abiding citizens will not make massive macs and u can always just ban the troll
i mean using that logic there is never any point in making rules because they are only going to be broken.
the flaw to your comment is that breaking any of the current rules wont affect the server performance and can be easily fix by a ban or rollback however how can you find the troll with the huge mac if he hides it? is not like macs scream tot he console IM HERE COME CHECK MY SIZE .
Back to top Go down
delsolsi213
Owner Of InfinityMC
Owner Of InfinityMC

PostSubject: Re: Corn and wheat growth   Corn and wheat growth EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 3:35 pm

DaMueller wrote:

the multistructure doesnt affect that much but autocrafting is whats eating the sevrer tps.
Back to top Go down
strayzer

PostSubject: Re: Corn and wheat growth   Corn and wheat growth EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 3:45 pm

okay fair enough del but i think a griefer would find it much more satisfying to do something drastic like taking a load of items or something like that if someone wants to grief they will not do such a small thing as ruin server tps

so when u take this into consideration i think you would be much better of to just let it be known to people that they are not allowed to make huge macs maybe by including it in the rules or something like that

also can people not just make a load of small macs on their system u would get nearly the same results with much less impact on tps
Back to top Go down
delsolsi213
Owner Of InfinityMC
Owner Of InfinityMC

PostSubject: Re: Corn and wheat growth   Corn and wheat growth EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 3:59 pm

strayzer wrote:
okay fair enough del but i think a griefer would find it much more satisfying to do something drastic like taking a load of items or something like that if someone wants to grief they will not do such a small thing as ruin server tps

so when u take this into consideration i think you would be much better of to just let it be known to people that they are not allowed to make huge macs maybe by including it in the rules or something like that

also can people not just make a load of small macs on their system u would get nearly the same results with much less impact on tps
you obviously dont know griefers like i do lol
Back to top Go down
AlanEsh

PostSubject: Re: Corn and wheat growth   Corn and wheat growth EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 4:14 pm

delsolsi213 wrote:
you obviously dont know griefers like ME
fixed Smile
Back to top Go down
delsolsi213
Owner Of InfinityMC
Owner Of InfinityMC

PostSubject: Re: Corn and wheat growth   Corn and wheat growth EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 4:44 pm

AlanEsh wrote:
delsolsi213 wrote:
fixed Smile
you just earned the grammar nazi award on the new forums Smile
Back to top Go down
Swarthybard

PostSubject: Re: Corn and wheat growth   Corn and wheat growth EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 7:27 pm

delsolsi213 wrote:
AlanEsh wrote:
delsolsi213 wrote:
fixed Smile

It was a clever edit for grammar and the double entendre was quite excellent, top drawer good sir. cheers
Back to top Go down
AlanEsh

PostSubject: Re: Corn and wheat growth   Corn and wheat growth EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 8:22 pm

delsolsi213 wrote:
AlanEsh wrote:
delsolsi213 wrote:
fixed Smile
That wasn't just a grammar fix, I was saying YOU are a mega-griefer and YOU are the kind of griefer you are trying to stop Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Corn and wheat growth   Corn and wheat growth Empty

Back to top Go down

Corn and wheat growth
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
InfinityMC :: Bug Reports-
Jump to: