InfinityMC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
InfinityMC

Infinity MC

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Suggestions for MAC and Server Improvements for TPS

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DaBlackNight

Suggestions for MAC and Server Improvements for TPS Empty
PostSubject: Suggestions for MAC and Server Improvements for TPS   Suggestions for MAC and Server Improvements for TPS EmptyThu May 23, 2013 10:38 pm

As some of you may know our server has had problems with TPS going up too high when MACS are in service. It seems they take up allot of TPS (Ticks Per Second) and many servers of FTB ban AE and / or the MAC (Mollecular Assembly Chamber). The MAC has CPUS or Pattern Providers internally, and it is a lumti-block structure. Multi-block structures require the server to run checks on the blocks to verify the blocks are in the appropriate configuration of a multi-block structure. The MAC has many requirements. The corners have to be the Containment Walls, the sides are Heat Vents, and internally as I said, it is a combination of CPUs and Pattern Providers. CPUs make the MAC run faster or slower when performing autocrafting functions and the more CPUs the more calculations or actions it performs. The Pattern Providerss Allow the MAC storage of resipes. The recipes are stored on each of the block Pattern Providers and Each holds quite a few on each page. 1 Page per Provider.

My suggestions are as follows, and is based on the needs of a normal Autocrafting and Ore Processing setup.

1. Macs Internally should be limited to 3x3x3 internally, meaning a combination of 27 blocks of CPUs or Pattern Providers. The outside dimension therefore is 5x5x5 making the whole multi-block structure a total of 125 blocks.
2. The quantity of CPUs versus Pattern Providers whould be based on the needs of the user. The Total Amount of free pages for recipes should not be more than 2. Any more than 2 free pages and the user should replace the pattern providers internally with CPUs. Making the MAC faster and withholding less memory. The number of pages for recipes is adequate for any user to autocraft any item in the game from start to finish.
3. Avoid and prohibit if needed auto-crafting of items like Ultimate Solar Panels, because the items take so long to process with each item being crafted in each machine, the wait time for each component adds up and the MAC is in a state of consistently checking the state of completion of the needed items to craft the next item in the process of recipes. This list of uncrafted items can add up and the MAC becomes a large time hog, so my suggestion takes this into account and limits the number of recipes, and speeds the MAC up for what it does craft. But Ultimates should be crafted manually or with limited autocrafting at all. You can craft the Ultimate 1 at a time in the Crafting Terminal IF you have the components needed to complete the final assembly of the item. If the item needs to craft many of the items in the recipe it is the same as autocrafting the whole item, so try to avoid crafting large recipe items if the list of items the compenent needs is not on the system.
4. Fourth and finally, my suggestion is to allow the user to have more than one MAC on the ysytem they created IF they need another MAC. If the first MAC is full, and the first MAC cannot take anymore Pattern Providers for recipes, than a second or third MAC can be crafted and placed on the same AE system. Once controller, 2 or 3 MACs on the same system.
The amount of CPUS versus Pattern Providers should always have a MINIMUM of 25 percent CPUs. If you have reached the maximum amount of recipes storaged, and you cannot add more pages of free strage space, than a second MAC needs to created.
In actual numbers it works out like this. Your first MAC may be 4 Pattern Providers and 23 CPUs. After some time you reach the maximum amount of recipes and need more pages for recipes, meaning you have 20 Pattern Providers and 7 CPUs. Any less CPUs and it would be too slow. So making another MAC is feasible to allow more recipes and keep the speed of the system up. With each upgrade of a page for the MAC you would remove 1 CPU and add a Pattern Proviuder. So, your first MAC was 27 total internal, with 4 Pattern Providers and 23 CPUs. You upgrade with adding 1 Provider and taking out 1 CPU, total of 5 Pattern Providers and 22 CPUs. Next step would be 6 Pattern Providers and 21 CPUs up to the point where you have reached a total of 20 Pattern Providers and 7 CPUs. Adding another page, another pattern provider would mean taking out 1 of the last 7 CPUs and it is my opinion that would make the MAC too slow. So creating another MAC is appropriate.

I hope this suggestion is adopted and the MACs and AE stay in the line up of mods in our Ultimate Pack. AE is a great tool for automating entire factories, and of course it is handy at crafting, but crafting to an extreme can hog the TPS of a server. So limit the crafting and go for automation.

DaBlackNight has spoken.

3x3Internal View
Suggestions for MAC and Server Improvements for TPS 9b9fddeb8dada62a6cd3bf96bca9e6b8

Internal with CPUs installed
Suggestions for MAC and Server Improvements for TPS Cc50c2e896374927820d719cf627b195

What 4 Pages looks like in the MAC
Suggestions for MAC and Server Improvements for TPS 6fe47a73de7c6fb8e78a1ba03fea1def

A completed MAC texture and all
Suggestions for MAC and Server Improvements for TPS 2a2edf4f72eb2bfd2491c72c07b1ddaf

Last edited by DaBlackNight on Fri May 24, 2013 5:46 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
AlanEsh

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for MAC and Server Improvements for TPS   Suggestions for MAC and Server Improvements for TPS EmptyThu May 23, 2013 10:42 pm

Nice writeup. I agree with pretty much all of what you said but would argue for a 2x2x3 internal limit, with multiple MACs allowed.
Back to top Go down
delsolsi213
Owner Of InfinityMC
Owner Of InfinityMC

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for MAC and Server Improvements for TPS   Suggestions for MAC and Server Improvements for TPS EmptyThu May 23, 2013 11:04 pm

AlanEsh wrote:
Nice writeup. I agree with pretty much all of what you said but would argue for a 2x2x3 internal limit, with multiple MACs allowed.
i agree with both of you guys.
Back to top Go down
strayzer

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for MAC and Server Improvements for TPS   Suggestions for MAC and Server Improvements for TPS EmptyFri May 24, 2013 11:32 am

honestly i would argue that just having an outright ban on macs would be better.
I mean yes they ar every useful but the can easily be replaced with autocrafting tables and while these are not as neat and are less convenient for the sake of savig the tps of the server i believe it would be worth it.

Please note that I recommend not banning ae as it is probably one of the most useful mods in the game as regards storage.
Back to top Go down
AlanEsh

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for MAC and Server Improvements for TPS   Suggestions for MAC and Server Improvements for TPS EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 3:21 pm

Hey del,

Did you decide on a size limit for MACs?
Back to top Go down
delsolsi213
Owner Of InfinityMC
Owner Of InfinityMC

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for MAC and Server Improvements for TPS   Suggestions for MAC and Server Improvements for TPS EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 3:22 pm

AlanEsh wrote:
Hey del,

Did you decide on a size limit for MACs?
yes for now 1x1x1 kthxbie

EDIT: lol jk 5x5x5 is good for now.
Back to top Go down
AlanEsh

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for MAC and Server Improvements for TPS   Suggestions for MAC and Server Improvements for TPS EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 4:49 pm

Alrighty, thanks.

I ask this because last night it felt like tps was low, and people have started building MACs so I was curious how much restriction we should have.
Back to top Go down
delsolsi213
Owner Of InfinityMC
Owner Of InfinityMC

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for MAC and Server Improvements for TPS   Suggestions for MAC and Server Improvements for TPS EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 4:51 pm

AlanEsh wrote:
Alrighty, thanks.

I ask this because last night it felt like tps was low, and people have started building MACs so I was curious how much restriction we should have.
tps dropped because someone was draining a huge 64x64 quarry hole, that kills tps and im currently looking to upgrade the sevrer cpu to stop all tps drop.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for MAC and Server Improvements for TPS   Suggestions for MAC and Server Improvements for TPS Empty

Back to top Go down

Suggestions for MAC and Server Improvements for TPS
Page 1 of 1